- Himachal Pradesh government sets the target to control TB by 2021-22
- Himachal Pradesh government has set the target of controlling Tuberculosis (TB) by 2021-22 well before the nation’s target for 2025.
- controlling TB is amongst the top priorities of the government.
- State government is committed to improve the health of its people. National health programmes and schemes were being implemented as per national mandate
- Every year near 15000 new cases of TB are coming in Himachal Pradesh and at the same time nearly 8000-9000 TB patients seek treatment from private sector which is a big number.
- Revised National Tuberculosis Control Programme (RNTCP) program performance in terms of case detection rate and treatment success rate of Himachal Pradesh is 77 percent and 90 percent respectively which are above the desired national target of 70 and 85 percent respectively.
- Himachal Pradesh is the first state in the country where state government had approved Rs 2 crore under Mukhjya Mantri Kshaya Rog Nivarna Yojna. Himachal has also topped in launching FDC & Daily regimen for TB patients.
- CSIR ranked 9th Public Research Institution of the World
- India’s largest autonomous public organization Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) ranked ninth in the world.
- The institute has been ranked ninth amongst a total of 1,207 government institutions, according to the Scimago Institutions ranking World Report 2017.
- It is the only Indian organization which has found a place amongst the Top 100 Global Institutions.
- The ranking was topped by theChinese Academy of Sciences.
Gk bit – CSIR
- The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research(CSIR) was established by the Government of Indiain 1942 is an autonomous body that has emerged as the largest research and development organisation in India. It runs thirty-seven laboratories and thirty-nine field stations or extension centres throughout the nation, with a collective staff of over 17,000 workers. Its Chairman is Prime minister of India.
- National Nutrition Week :1st to 7th September
- The National Nutrition Week will be observed throughout the country from 1st to 7th September. The theme of the National Nutrition Week for 2017 is “Optimal Infant & Young Child Feeding Practices: Better Child Health”. The basic objective of this annual event is to intensify awareness generation on the importance of nutrition for health which has an impact on development, productivity, economic growth and ultimately National development.
- As, improving the nutritional status of the population is imperative for National Development. Under nutrition in young children continues to be a major public health problem in India. The NFHS4 has not shown an encouraging improvement in the nutritional status, especially among women and children. As per NFHS-4 the level of underweight has decreased by 6.8% and is stunting by 9.6%. Level of anaemia has decreased by 11% as compared to NNHS-3 figures.
- ISRO’s IRNSS-1H Launch has failed
- ISRO launched the IRNSS-1H into orbit using the PSLV C39 rocket, but failed. IRNSS-1H is India’s 8th navigation satellite in the IRNSS series.
- This happened after the heat shield failed to separate in the fourth stage. The satellite had blasted off in the Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle from Sriharikota, Andhra Pradesh. The launch took place from the Second Launch Pad (SLP) of the Satish Dhawan Space Centre (SDSC) SHAR.
- IRNSS is a part of NavIC or Navigation Indian Constellation. NavIC is designed to provide accurate position information service to users in India as well as a region extending up to 1500 km from its boundary.
- Rajiv Mehrishi appointed as Comptroller and Auditor General of India
- Senior IAS officer Rajiv Mehrishi appointed as the next Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG)of India.He succeeds Shashi Kant Sharma.
- Mehrishi is IAS Officer of 1978 batch and belonged to Rajasthan cadre.
- He has a degree in business administration from Strathclyde Business School, Glasgow. He also did BA (History) and MA (History) from St Stephen’s College, Delhi.
Gk bit– CAG
- The CAG is mentioned in the Constitution of India under Article 148 – 151.
- The CAG is ranked 9th and enjoys the same status as a judge of Supreme Court of India in Indian order of precedence.
- His tenure period is 6 years or up to age of 65 years, whichever earlier.
- Removal of CAG is as difficult and similar to removal of a Supreme Court Judge. CAG is not be eligible for any office under GOI post-retirement.
- CAG suggests the account keeping of union and state with the approval of president.
- The CAG is also the head of the Indian Audit and Accounts Department, the affairs of which are managed by officers of Indian Audit and Accounts Service, and has over 58,000 employees across the country.
- 1st CAG of India was V. Narahari Rao
- Rajiv Mehrishi is 13th CAG of India
- Sunil Arora appointed as Election Commissioner of India
- The Union Government appointed former Information and Broadcasting secretary Sunil Arora (61) as Election Commissioner.
- He will have a tenure of four years in the Election Commission.
- His appointment comes after former CEC Nasim Zaidi’s retirement in July 2017.
Gk bit– Election Commission of India (ECI)
- The Election Commission operates under the authority of Constitution per Article 324, and subsequently enacted Representation of the People Act.
- The Chief Election Commissioner of India can be removed from his office by the Parliament with a two-thirds majority in both the Lok Sabha and the Rajya Sabha on the grounds of proven misbehavior or incapacity.
- Monitor and Control of all elections to the local government bodies(panchayat, municipality etc) vest with the State Election Commissions as envisaged in Article 243K and Article 243ZAof the Constitution of India.
- Election commission of india comprises 3 members, One Chief Election Commissioner and two additional Commissioners.
Sunil Arora is 22nd Election commissioner of india.
1st Election commissioner of India was Sukumar Sen.[/lockercat]HPPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for HPPCS Prelims and HPPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by HPPCS Notes are as follows:-
- HPPCS Mains Tests and Notes Program
- HPPCS Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program
- HPPCS Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- HPPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes