- NGT directs Himachal Pradesh to take steps for eco clearance to Rohtang ropeway
- Having found out that Stage II forest clearance for Palchan-Rohtang ropeway project was held up by Union ministry of environment, forests and climate change (MoEF) as the area was within 10km of a wildlife sanctuary, the National Green Tribunal has directed the state government to take steps for seeking the clearance again within a month and submit a fresh proposal for eco-zone draft notification.
- It was stated that time period for notifying eco-sensitive zone draft notification had expired and a new proposal was to be submitted. The project proponent had to deposit net present value for Stage II clearance and wildlife clearance.
- India, Japan to hold joint military exercise ‘Dharma-Guardian’ 2019
- A joint military exercise Dharma-Guardian 2019 will be conducted between India and Japan at the Counter Insurgency and Jungle Warfare School, Vairengte in Mizoram from October 19 to November 2.
- The Indian Army and the Japanese Ground Self Defence Forces (JGSDF), comprising 25 soldiers each, will participate in the exercise.
- The exercise is an annual training event which is being conducted in India since 2018.
- NASA launches a satellite to explore where air meets space
- NASA launched a satellite to explore the mysterious, dynamic region where air meets space.
- The satellite called ‘Icon’, short for Ionospheric Connection Explorer- rocketed into orbit following a two-year delay.
- It was dropped from a plane flying over the Atlantic off the Florida coast.
- A NASA satellite launched last year, Gold, is also studying the upper atmosphere, but from much higher up.
· Centre to launch Vigyan Jyoti
- Centre is to launch Vigyan Jyoti, a program to help girl students inculcate interest in areas like Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM).
- The move comes after the assessment that a meager percentage of women are in the STEM area. Department of Science and Technology (DST) data said that females comprised 24% of the total pas-out students in STEM subjects in engineering, 22% at the postgraduate level, 28% at M.Phil, and 35% at the Ph.D. level.
- Vigyan Jyoti initiative aims to stir up interest among the Indian girl students to get into the STEM educational areas. Vigyan Jyoti program aims to pick out 100 girl studentsin 550 districts from2020-2025.
- Under the program science, camps for the girl students will be held nearby IITs, NITs, and national laboratories.
- The program will cover girl students from9 to 12 grade.
- Under the program, the students will interact with top women leaders in the area of science and technology, corporate world, universities, and top institute like the DRDO.
· Centre to fund Rs.25 lakh crore for infrastructural development
- Centre has announced 25 lakh croreforinfrastructural development in the villages across the country. It was announced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 13 October. The move aims to strengthen rural infrastructure. The fund will be used to construct modern storage centres for crops also.
- The fund comes with a broadervision for farmers.Centre has been taking steps to solve the problems of farmers permanently.
- Among the allocated Rs.25 lakh crore, Rs.3.5 lakh crore will be used forwater conservation and building facilities for water conservation.
- The government is also carrying work byconstructing roads of the village.
klavya Model School is to be introduced by the government to enhance the education and skills of tribal children.
· NITI Aayog plans to attract 2 lakh foreign students
- The policy think tank of the Indian governmentNITI Aayog has decided to create Exclusive Education Zone (EEZ), an action plan to make India an education hub to attract 2 lakh foreign students annually from 2023.
- The proposal aims to increase the growth in theinflow of foreign students. It has also proposed to float the idea of a single authority to deal with the issue. NITI Aayog also proposed the idea to allow foreign universities to set up their campuses in India.
- EEZwill be implemented in a few select cities, includingBengaluru, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Pune, Chandigarh, and Sikkim, apart from blending technical education with short-term vocational courses.
NITI Aayog reported that foreign students’ inflow declined to78% annual growth in 2017-18 against 2% in 2007-08.
- Govt launches SUMAN initiative
- Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare Dr Harsh Vardhan along with several State Health Ministers launched Surakshit Matritva Aashwasan, SUMAN, initiative in New Delhi.
- The initiative was launched during the 13th Conference of Central Council of Health and Family Welfare.
- The initiative aims at ensuring dignified, respectful and quality health care at no cost and zero tolerance for denial of services for every woman and newborn visiting the public health facility in order to end all preventable maternal and newborn deaths.
[/lockercat]HPPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for HPPCS Prelims and HPPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by HPPCS Notes are as follows:-
- HPPCS Mains Tests and Notes Program
- HPPCS Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program
- HPPCS Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- HPPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes