- 26th Conference of Central and State Statistical Organization (COCSSO) begins in Himachal
- Union Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation is organizing 26th Conference of Central and States Statistical Organizations at Dharamshala in Himachal Pradesh. The theme of this year’s Conference is “Quality Assurance in Official Statistics”.
- The 2-Day conference will be inaugurated by Union Minister Vijay Goel along with Himachal Pradesh food, civil supplies and consumer affair minister Kishan Kapoor. A number of papers relating to the theme will be presented by central ministries and departments during the Conference.
- Japan joins International Solar Alliance
- In a boost to Prime Minister Narendra Modi-initiated International Solar Alliance (ISA), Japan announced joining the group submitting the instrument of ratification.
- Japan will be the 71st country to sign and 48th country to ratify the ISA Framework.
- The decision was announced at the end of bilateral Summit between Prime Minister Modi and his Japanese counterpart Shinzo Abe.
· India ranked 65 in Global Passport Index, Singapore tops the chart
- The ranking improved nine notches since the previous year and means that the Indian passport holders has been granted visa-free access to 65 countries.
- The other countries are India, Kyrgyzstan and Zimbabweshare the 65th rank.
- Singapore and Germany have the world’s “most powerful” passport with access to 165 countries.
- India Improves Rank by 23 Positions in Ease of Doing Business
- The World Bank released its latest Doing Business Report (DBR, 2019) in New Delhi. India has recorded a jump of 23 positions against its rank of 100 in 2017 to be placed now at 77thrank among 190 countries assessed by the World Bank.
- India’s leap of23 ranks in the Ease of Doing Business ranking is significant considering that last year India had improved its rank by 30 places, a rare feat for any large and diverse country of the size of India.
- As a result of continued efforts by the Government, India has improved its rank by 53 positions in last two years and 65 positions in last four years.
- The Doing Business assessment provides objective measures of business regulations and their enforcement across 190 economies on ten parameters affecting a business through its life cycle.
- The DBR ranks countries on the basis of Distance to Frontier (DTF), a score that shows the gap of an economy to the global best practice.
- This year, India’s DTF score improved to 67.23 from 60.76 in the previous year.
- For the third year in a row, New Zealand retained its position at the top of the Doing Business rankings.
· IIT-Madras researchers designed India’s 1st microprocessor ‘Shakti’
- The ‘Shakti‘ family of processors was fabricated at ISRO’s Chandigarh semi-conductor laboratory, making it the first ‘RISC V Microprocessor’ to be completely designed and made in India.
- Its design originates from open source instruction set architecture (ISA), a set of basic instructions called RISC V, which makes it customisable to any device.
- Shakti microprocessor can be used in mobile computing devices, embedded low power wireless systems and networking systems.
- ‘Shakti’ will reduce dependency on imported microchips and the risk of cyber attacks.
· Delhi observes ‘Clean Air Week’ from November 1-5 to fight against the worsening air quality
- Centre in collaboration with the Delhi, UP and Haryanagovernments organise ‘Clean Air Week‘ between November 1-5in Delhi and four other National Capital Region (NCR) cities – Faridabad, Gurgaon, Ghaziabad and Noida.
- On October 23, 2018, the Supreme Court had allowed the sale of “green“
- On Diwali, citizens would be allowed to burst crackers only between 8 pm to 10 pm.
· Centre to launch womens emergency helpline facility
- National women’s emergency helpline facilityis to be launched in India. Women in distress can call helpline 181. Women can get assistance for any situations such as police, medical, legal, psycho-social or rescue shelter emergency.
- In Tamil Nadu, the 1091 helplineis functioning in providing assistance for women. It provides police assistance to women in distress. However, for 24×7 service, 181 helplines, under the Department of Social Welfare and Nutritious Meal Programme, will provide all types of assistance and information to women. The helpline will function from the Amma Call Centre premises in Ambattur.
[/lockercat]HPPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for HPPCS Prelims and HPPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by HPPCS Notes are as follows:-
- HPPCS Mains Tests and Notes Program
- HPPCS Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program
- HPPCS Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- HPPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes