- HP CM reviews progress of rohtang tunnel project
- Rohtang Tunnel will transform the economy of landlocked Lahaul Spiti district by providing all weather connectivity to this beautiful valley, Himachal Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur said after he crossed over to Shisu in Lahaul Spiti through Rohtang Tunnel from South side from Dhundi in Kullu district.
- The Chief Minister reviewed the progress of work with senior officers of the Border Road Organisation and Strabag AG Afcons JV Company executing this ambitious project of national importance.
- The Union Government was contemplating to construct three more tunnels on this road upto Leh so that this road of strategic importance could be strengthened and distance upto Leh Ladakh would be reduced by about 100 kms. and travelling distance by about seven hours.
- India, B’desh Coast Guards conducting exercise on pollution
- The Indian Coast Guard is conducting a bilateral table-top exercise on maritime pollution response with Bangladesh Coast Guard at the regional headquarters (North East) of the ICG.
- ICG (NE) commander Inspector General said the two-day exercise is being conducted in the backdrop of the MoU signed between India and South Asian Cooperation for Environment Protection (SACEP).
- The Bangladesh Coast Guard delegation was led by Captain M Ehsanullah Khan, Commanding officer, BCGS.
- World Hepatitis Day: 28 July
- World Hepatitis Day, observed on July 28 every year, aims to raise global awareness of hepatitis — a group of infectious diseases known as Hepatitis A, B, C, D, and E.
- World Hepatitis Day is one of eight official global public health campaigns marked by the World Health Organization (WHO).
- WHO (World Health Organisation) has declared theme for World Hepatitis Day 2018 as: “Test. Treat. Hepatitis”.
· World’s Oldest Person, Chiyo Miyako, died at age 117 in Japan
- Miyako, born on May 2, 1901, became the world’s oldest person in April after Nabi Tajima, a fellow Japanese national from the southern Kikai island, died at age 117.
- Guinness World Records has confirmed that she was the world’s oldest person. Her replacement is yet to be announced by Guinness, but according to media reports, the new oldest person is Kane Tanaka, a 115-year-old woman who lives in a nursing home in Fukuoka, a city in southern Japan.
- The world’s oldest man, Masazo Nonaka, 113-year-old lives in Japan’s northern island of Hokkaido.
- Jeanne Louise Calment from France holds the Guinness World Record for the oldest person ever. Born in 1875, she was 122 when she died in 1997.
· BAN2401, a new drug for Alzheimer disease
- BAN2401, a new drug that reduces plaques in the brain and slows down the cognition for Alzheimer disease has been introduced by Eisai, a Japan-based company and Biogen, based in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- It is hoped that this drug may be the first to successfully attack both the brain changes and the symptoms of Alzheimer’s dementia.
- J P Nadda Launches National Viral Hepatitis Control Program
- “With this initiative, Government is strongly committed to work towards elimination of viral hepatitis by 2030.”
- This was stated by Shri J P Nadda, Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare as he launched the National Viral Hepatitis Control Program to mark the World Hepatitis Day, 2018.
- At the function, Shri J P Nadda also released the Operational Guidelines for National Viral Hepatitis Control Program, National Laboratory Guidelines for Viral Hepatitis Testing and National Guidelines for Diagnosis and Management of Viral Hepatitis.
- Indian Railways Launches “Mission Satyanishtha”
- The Indian Railways organized a programme on Ethics in Public Governance and Launched “Mission Satyanishtha” at a daylong event held at National Rail Museum, New Delhi on 27.07.2018.
- Piyush Goyal, Minister of Finance & Corporate Affairs, Railways & Coal, administered the oath to the officers and supervisors at the programme.
- “Mission Satyanishtha” launched on 27th July 2018 aims at sensitizing all railway employees about the need to adhere to good ethics and to maintain high standards of integrity at work.
- Srikrishna Committee suggests amendments in Aadhaar Act
- The Justice B.N. Srikrishna Committee on data protection in India has suggested amendments to various laws including the Aadhaar Act to provide for imposition of penalties on data fiduciaries and compensations to data principals for violations of the data protection law.
- The 213-page report, prepared by a 10-member committee set up last year under the chairmanship of the retired Supreme Court judge, was submitted to Law and Electronics Minister Ravishankar Prasad who said that the government will go through the draft bill and take stakeholder comments before taking Cabinet approval for finalising the legislation.
- Kochi airport first in world to get top UN environmental award
- The United Nations has honoured the Cochin International Airport (CIAL) with ‘Champion of Earth’ award for being the first airport in the world to be completely powered by solar energy.
- CIAL is the first airport in the world to receive the highest environmental award issued by the United Nations.
- The award will be presented at a gala ceremony on the sidelines of the General Assembly in New York on 26 September 2018.
[/lockercat]HPPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for HPPCS Prelims and HPPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by HPPCS Notes are as follows:-
- HPPCS Mains Tests and Notes Program
- HPPCS Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program
- HPPCS Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- HPPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes