- Himachal Pradesh government demands legitimate share in Bhakra Beas Management Board projects
- The Himachal Pradesh government has again demanded from the union government that it provides 7.19 per cent power in all the Bhakra Beas Management Board (BBMB) projects as per the ratio of the population.
- The state has also asked for calculation of arrear claims against Punjab and Haryana as per inter-state energy settlement rate.
- According to him, in pursuance of the Supreme Court judgement, the calculation of arrears claims against Punjab and Haryana calculated at the National Fertilizers Limited rates, is unfair and should be charged at inter-state energy settlement rate, which was at Badarpur Thermal Power Station.
- Now, fund for preservation of religious institutions in HP
- With a view to promote and preserve the rich heritage of religious institutions of Himachal Pradesh, the state government has decided to provide grant-in-aid for worship, prayers and maintenance of religious institutions through creating fund. Grant will be provided in two forms: Annually or one time grant for creation of assets.
- The annual grant will be provided for regular maintenance of religious institutions along with daily prayers/worship etc. Every year, a fixed amount will be provided in the form of grant.
- The temples which are included in Himachal Pradesh Hindu Public Religious Institutions and Charitable Endowment Act and HP Ancient and Historical Monuments and Archaeological Sites and Remains Act are not eligible for grants as they are centrally protected.
- Australia joins International Solar Alliance
- Australia became the 35th country to join the International Solar Alliance, an initiative launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in November 2015 in Paris.
- It is co-led by India and France.
- The aim was to support developing countries to boost their solar production capacity.
- The solar alliance, whose head office is in India, has grown stronger in the past two years with more countries joining the group and signing the agreement.
- Cabinet approves selling 51% stake in HPCL to ONGC
- The Cabinet has given an in-principle approval to sell the government’s entire 51.11 per cent stake in Hindustan Petroleum Corp Ltd to Oil and Natural Gas Corp in a bid to create a state-run integrated oil major that can compete with private and foreign players.
- ONGC chairman Dinesh Sarraf said the shareholders of both companies would gain from the deal.
- The combined market value of ONGC and HPCL would be $42 billion.
- Environment Ministry approves Projects in 3 States under NAFCC
- The Union Environment Ministry approved three projects for climate change adaptation in three states viz. Rajasthan, Gujarat and Sikkim for funding under the National Adaptation Fund for Climate Change (NAFCC).
- Sikkim: The investment aims to address the issue of water security which are directly identified as climate resilience building interventions under the SAPCC.
- Rajasthan: It aims to bolster water security in villages under the Mukhya Mantri Jal Swavlamban Abhiyan. It aims to enhance the adaptive capacity of villages by making them self-reliant in terms of water requirement.
- Gujarat: The project seeks enhance the adaptive capacity of natural resource dependent communities to climate change in targeted villages of Kachchh district.
- Google launches job applicant management tool ‘Hire’
- Google officially released a new tool named ‘Hire’ to help small and medium sized businesses recruit talent.
- The service is built on G Suite and will allow employers to track candidates’ contact information, resume details and calendar invites.
- It will allow business partners to share feedback within the candidate’s profile.
- UIDAI launches mAadhaar app for Aadhaar data on phone
- The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has launched ‘mAadhaar’, a new mobile application for syncing Aadhaar data on mobile phones. The app allows users to carry their unique Aadhaar information including name, date of birth, gender, address, and the linked photograph, on their smartphones. The app also allows users to lock or unlock biometrics data.
- The application allows users to have their Aadhaar profile on their mobile as a quick and convenient identification proof. It also lets users lock/unlock their biometric data that’s linked to Aadhaar via the app to secure their personal data. It also allows viewing and sharing updated Aadhaar profile via QR (Quick Response) code and sharing eKYC (electronic Know Your Customer) details with service providers such as telecommunications companies.
- TR Zeliang sworn in as 19th Chief Minister of Nagaland
- Senior Naga People’s Front (NPF) legislator TR Zeliang (65) was sworn in as the 19th chief minister of Nagaland. He was administered oath to office and secrecy by Governor P.B. Acharya. Earlier Governor had dismissed the Shurhozelie Liezietsu government under Clause (I) of Article 164 of the Constitution after he failed to prove majority on the floor of the Assembly.
Prior to it, Zeliang had staked claim to form government in Nagaland with a majority support of 47 members in the 60 member Legislative Assembly. TR Zeliang will now have to prove his majority on the floor of the House. This is his second stint as chief minister in a little more than three years.[/lockercat]HPPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for HPPCS Prelims and HPPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by HPPCS Notes are as follows:-
- HPPCS Mains Tests and Notes Program
- HPPCS Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program
- HPPCS Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- HPPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes