SALT WATER LAKES
- Located in jaipur, nagore and ajmer
- this is the largest saline water lake in entire India and a major source of salt production in India(8%).
- The lake stretches in length for 22.5 km and its width varies from 3 to 11 km.
- The lake is fed by several freshwater streams.
- in the district of Barmer.
- The lake produces high quality salt. NACL is 98%
nagore, government sodium sulphide production centre
bikaner, only salt water lake in north rajasthan.
SWEET WATER LAKES
Situated in the Lake city of Rajasthan, Udaipur, The lake is overlooked by the grandiose City Palace complex while the beautiful Lake Palace occupies an island right in the middle of the lake.the 2¼ miles long and 1¼ mile wide lake was started in the 14th century by a Banjara under rule of rana lakha of mevar, however, it was completed in the 16th century by Maharana Udai Singh.
Jai samand lake:-or deibar
- By ruler of mevar jaisingh in 1685 AD by restricting the water of gomti river.
- an island in the lake is known as baba ka bhagrda
Fateh Sagar Lake
- in the city of Udaipur.
- Dug up in the year 1678 by Maharana Jai Singh, the lake was destroyed by flood waters. Later, it was reconstructed by Maharana Fateh Singh.
- The lake is linked to the Lake Pichola in the south by a canal via Swaroop Sagar Lake and Rang Sagar Lake.
- Though the lake water was originally meant for the irrigation purpose, today it fulfills the need for drinking water as well.
- the lake has three prominent islands occupied by a public park, solar observatory and a jet fountain.
- at Rajasmand.
- built by Rana Raj Singh in the year 1660 AD.
- On the sides of the lake, beautiful toranas and chattris enhance the overall charm.
- 9 chokies which have mevar history inscribed
Ana Sagar Lake
- by anaji chauhan
- daulat khana of shahjahan(build by jahangeer) near lake
- In the dry region of Jaisalmer,
- The lake was once a major source of water supply in the city of Jaisalmer and as such it is not surprising to find numerous shrines and temples around it.
- A yellow sandstone gateway that leads to the lake was constructed by a prostitute, Tilon, despite disapproval from the Maharaja.
- Legends have it that the Pushkar Lake was created by Lord Brahma by merging the waters of four holy places of Hindus in India – Badrinath, Jagannath, Rameshwaram and Dwarka.
- The lake is surrounded by 52 ghats and there is a floating chattris in the centre.
- The Pushkar lake is worth visiting during the final night of the famous Pushkar fair when the thousands of glittering oil lamps are left into the water.
- built in 1159 AD by Balak Rao Parihar.
Dhebar Lake- Udaipur
Doodh Talai Lake-Udaipur
Lake Foy Sagar
- It is named after the engineer Mr. Foy, an Englishman, who created it under a famine relief project in 1892.
- It is an artificial lake,
- built by Pratap Singh in 1872.
Man Sagar Lake- jaipur
- The Maota Lake is located in Amer
- The ancient name of the lake is “Mahavata”, but it is commonly known as Maota because of the large trees located near the lake
- mt abu
- raghunath jee mandir
- Ramgarh Lake was an artificial lake situated near Jamwa Ramgarh
- The last time the lake received water was 1999 and it has been dry since 2000.
Udaisagar Lake- Udaipur[/lockercat]HPPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for HPPCS Prelims and HPPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by HPPCS Notes are as follows:-
- HPPCS Mains Tests and Notes Program
- HPPCS Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program
- HPPCS Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- HPPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes