Petroleum, natural gas, coal, nitrogen, uranium and water power are examples of conventional sources of energy. They’re also called non-renewable sources of energy and are mainly fossil fuels, except water power.
Rising growth of population has created a tremendous pressure on the conventional resources of energy and thus the concept of sustainable development get prominent position.
Rajasthan has great source of conventional energy resources which have played a key role in the modern agricultural, industrial and economic development.
Rajasthan is poor in coal resources and legnite coal of tertiary era is found in the state. Major lignite deposits of Rajasthan are:-
- Palana lignite deposits- South of Bikaner
- Kapurdi- Barmer
- Merta- Nagaur
- Gurha- Bikaner
The extensive occurrences of petroliferous basins in Western Rajasthan have made it a large potential region for hydrocarbons. With the untiring efforts of State Government, a total of 400.00 million tones of crude oil prospectus and 11.79 billion cubic meters of gas have been proved in the State, which has opened the path of rapid economic development of the State.
- Barmer-Sanchore Basin,
- Jaisalmer Basin &
- Bikaner-Nagaur Basin,
which has the potential of hydrocarbon and lignite deposits. These three petroliferous basins are now recognized as Category-Ion the basis of their proven commercial productivity.
Various projects started by government are:-
- COAL BED METHANE (CBM)
- UNDERGROUND COAL GASIFICATION (UCG)
- GAS CO-OPERATION AGREEMENT (GCA)
Import of oil and natural gas has been a major burden on Indian economy and the production of hydrocarbons from the basins of Rajasthan has been a boon for the nation
- Nuclear resources in rajasthan could help a great deal in the energy security of the nation
- The deposit found at Rohil in Rajasthan’s Sikar district is estimated at 5,185 tonnes, which makes it the fourth largest in the country after Tummalapalle, Chitrial and Peddagattu extension in Andhra Pradesh.
- The new site is close to the Rohil North region, which has already been found to have a deposit of about 381 tonnes.
ras free notes team will provide you in detailed notes for each topic of RAS RTS examination, please dont forget to subscribe RAS free notes for regular updates regarding RAS RTS Pre Examination Rajasthan Public Service Commission(RPSC), Ajmer. Here is RAS Pre GK, GS Paper 1 Solutions, Full Question Paper, Answer Key of RAS Pre Examination . For Results, Cut-Off Marks, Subject Papers. RAS Pre Question Paper Solutions. For More updates on RAS Pre 2012 Results Follow us on FACEBOOK OR GOOGLE+ For all Previous year RAS RTS Papers(1991-2012) visit: rasfreenotes.in RAS Exam Previous years Papers are completely solved along with sectional devision Ras RTS Mains exam .
[/lockercat]HPPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for HPPCS Prelims and HPPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by HPPCS Notes are as follows:-
- HPPCS Mains Tests and Notes Program
- HPPCS Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program
- HPPCS Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- HPPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes