- Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota civic bodies bifurcated, to have 2 mayors each
- After allowing anyone to become a mayor in the state, the Rajasthan government announced bifurcation of municipal bodies in three big cities of the state – Jaipur, Jodhpur and Kota – making way for two Mayors in each of these.
- The three cities with population of more than a million will be split into two municipal corporations each and reconstituted. The delimitation of new wards in these corporations will be done in 2-3 months.
- Government have created the Heritage Municipal Corporation in Jaipur, which will cover 100 wards and a population of 1.34 million; the second body will be named Greater Jaipur Municipal Corporation and will have 150 wards covering 1.7 million population.
- Jodhpur has been bifurcated into Jodhpur-North and Jodhpur-South with 80 wards each, and Kota into Kota-North (70 wards) and Kota-South (80 wards).
- Interpol to hold the general assembly in India in 2022
- India will host the 91st Interpol General Assembly in 2022 after a proposal received the overwhelming support of member countries at this year’s congregation at Santiago in Chile.
- The 91st Interpol General Assembly in India in the year 2022 will be held as part of celebrations of the 75th anniversary of Indian Independence.
- The International Criminal Police Organisation (Interpol) had hosted the General assembly, where representatives of all member countries converge, in India in 1997.
- Based in Lyon, France, Interpol is an international police cooperation organisation with 194 member states and 100 years of experience of international cooperation in policing.
· Sri Lanka removed from FATFs Grey List
ð The international terror financing watchdog, Financial Action Task Force (FATF), removed Sri Lanka from the Grey List.
ð FATF said that Sri Lanka had made significant progress in addressing the strategic AML/CFT deficiencies identified earlier.
Sri Lanka will not be monitored under its on-going global anti-money laundering and countering the financing of terrorism (AML/CFT) compliance process.
ð International Cooperation Review Group (ICRG) of FATF to assess the progress of AML/CFT effectiveness in the country.
ICRG reported that Sri Lanka had not made sufficient progress in four parameters, namely supervision, international cooperation, legal persons and arrangements, and targeted financial sanctions on proliferation.
Gk bit: FATF – Financial Action Task Force
ð FATF, an inter-governmental body, devices policy and sets standards to promote the implementation of legal, regulatory and operational measures to combat money laundering, terrorist financing and other related threats to the integrity of the international financial system.
ð There are 38 member countries, including the US, UK, India, Japan, China, and France, among others in FATF.
· Exercise Dharma Guardian 2019 commenced in Mizoram
- The second editionof Exercise Dharma Guardian 2019, a bilateral annual military exercise, between the Indian and Japan Army commenced on 19 October at the Counter Insurgency and Jungle Warfare School (CIJWS) at Vairengte in Mizoram. The exercise is being held from 19 October to 2 November 2019.
- The aim of the exercise Dharma Guardian 2019 is joint training of troops in counterinsurgency and counterterrorism operations in both mountainous terrain. The exercise will further strengthen the long-standing strategic ties between India and Japan.
- Exercise Dharma Guardian is an annual military training between India and Japan. It is being conducted in India since 2018. Exercise Dharma Guardian with Japan is very important because of the security challenges faced by both India and Japan in the backdrop of global terrorism.
- Defence exports soar by seven times in two years, reach 2 billion
- India’s defence exports have grown seven times in the last two years, reaching a value of two billion dollars.
- The country is working out modalities to become a hub in top-class defence production with efforts being made to increase defence exports to five billion dollars in the near future.
- 440 companies in the private sector have taken up defence production in the last five years.
· PM Modi unveiled the book Bridgital Nation
- Prime MinisterNarendra Modiunveiled the book titled Bridgital Nation in New Delhi.He presented the first copy of the to Shri Ratan Tata.
- The book was written by Shri N Chandrasekaran, Chairman of Tata Sons, and Roopa Purushottam, Chief Economist & Head of Policy Advocacy of Tata Sons.
- The book Bridgital Nation presents a powerful vision of the future where human beings and technology co-exist in a mutually beneficial ecosystem. The book argues that instead of accepting technology as a replacement of human labour, India can use technology as an aid to generate more jobs. Bridgital term refersthat the digital tools can act as a bridge between aspirations and achievements.
[/lockercat]HPPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for HPPCS Prelims and HPPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by HPPCS Notes are as follows:-
- HPPCS Mains Tests and Notes Program
- HPPCS Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program
- HPPCS Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- HPPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes