- Assembly elections in Himachal Pradesh: Key points
- Both Voter-Verified Paper Audit Trails and Electronic Voting Machines will be in use in the election in Himachal Pradesh
- 7,521 polling stations spread across 68 Assembly constituencies will be set up in the state this election. This is an increase from the 2012 polls which saw 7,252 polling stations
- The state will have 136 all-women managed booths
- The Election Commission is attempting to situate all polling stations at the ground floor. Sturdy ramps will be set up for disabled people. The state government has procured 200 wheelchairs.
- A voter guide brochure in a local language will be provided to every household. This will contain information about the election date, documents that electors must carry, voter do’s and dont’s, among other things
- The height of voting compartments will be increased to 30 inches, from the earlier 24 inches
- The Model Code of Conduct comes into force immediately, and is applicable to all, including the Union government
- The maximum expenditure allowed per candidate is Rs 28 lakh
- Bulk SMSes and voice messages shall be considered under the purview of election advertisements
- “Exercise INDRA – 2017: Indo-Russia Joint Exercise”
- Exercise INDRA-2017, the first ever Tri Services Joint Exercise between Indian and Russian Armed Forces will be conducted in the Eastern Military District of Russia from 19 to 29 Oct 2017.
- Exercise INDRA in its pre6vious nine avatars has been conducted as a single service exercise alternately between the two countries.
- The year 2017 marks a major milestone as this Exercise has been upgraded to involve all the three Services of the Armed Forces (Army, Navy & Air Force), which further accentuates the importance of Joint Services in the present world environment.
- Exercise INDRA-2017 will be conducted at the 249th Combined Army Range Sergeevisky and in the Sea of Japan near Vladivostok.
· Prime Minister Narendra Modi to inaugurate All India Institute of Ayurveda in New Delhi
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the All India Institute of Ayurveda at Sarita Vihar in New Delhi.
- The First ever All India Institute of Ayurveda (AIIA)has been set up along the lines of AIIMS.
- Within the short duration of its establishment, AIIA has gained a wide national and International recognition.
- It has started working to facilitate quality patient care, research and bridging the gaps in the scientific information about quality, safety, and efficacy of Ayurveda products and developing benchmarks of Ayurvedic education, research and healthcare.
· Punjab police launches foot patrolling in all districts
- Punjab police launched foot patrolling an initiative whereby police personnel will patrol designated areas on foot to keep a watch on anti-social elements.
- The main Objective of foot patrolling is to reduce incidence of crime by increasing the presence of police in vulnerable locations.
- All foot patrol officers will be wearing jungle boots, specially designed arm-band and will carry weapons, baton, handcuffs, and wireless sets.
· Mahindra launches ‘Prerna’ project for women farmers
- Auto manufacturer Mahindra and Mahindra celebrated ‘Mahila Kisan Diwas’ and launched a programme, ‘Prerna’ to empower women working in the agriculture sector.
- Prerna’ project is aimed at promoting the use of efficient and ergonomic farm tools and equipment by women who work long hours in the fields.
- It is first launched in Odisha, with an aim to positively impact the lives of over 1,500 families across 30-plus villages.
· Footwear Design & Development Institute Act 2017 Comes into Force
- Footwear Design & Development Institute (FDDI) declared an ‘Institute of National Importance’ under Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Government of India. The FDDI bill was passed by the Parliament in July 2017.
- The Provisions of FDDI Act 2017 have come into force.
- Presently FDDI is imparting skill based graduate and postgraduate courses in the fields of footwear, leather goods, retail, and management to around 2,500 students across eight campuses spread over India.
· Ayurveda 2nd Day is celebrated on 17 October
- This year’s2nd Ayurveda Dayis celebrated on 17 October in New Delhi by the Ministry of AYUSH.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will be the Chief Guest and will also inaugurate the country’s first All India Institute of Ayurveda, Sarita Vihar, New Delhi.
- The All India Institute of Ayurveda, set up on a total area of 10.015 acres on a budget of Rs 157 crore, is the first medical institute under the AYUSH ministry to hold the coveted National Accreditation Board for Hospitals and Healthcare Providers (NABH) accreditation.
[/lockercat]HPPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for HPPCS Prelims and HPPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by HPPCS Notes are as follows:-
- HPPCS Mains Tests and Notes Program
- HPPCS Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program
- HPPCS Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- HPPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes