Himachal Pradesh government notifies compensation scheme for victims
The state government has notified Himachal Pradesh (Victim of Crime) Compensation Scheme, 2019, to provide financial assistance to the victim and support services such as shelter, counselling, medical aid, legal assistance, education and vocational training, depending upon the needs of the victim. The scheme was notified on October 11 for providing funds for the purpose of compensation to a victim of crime or his or her dependents who have suffered loss or injury as a result of the crime and who require rehabilitation.
According to the notification, whenever under sub-section (2) of section 357-A of the code a recommendation for compensation is made by the court or an application is made under sub-section (4) of section 357-A of the code, to the District Legal Services Authority (DLSA) for award of compensation, the said authority shall examine the case and verify the contents of the claim with regard to the loss or injury caused to victim arising out of the reported crime.
- India-Netherland: “Water 4 change”, an urban water management system
- The Centre for Water Resources Development and Management (CWRDM), operating under the Government of Kerala has launched the “Water 4 Change”.
- Under the project, six prominent institutions from Netherlands will perform a long-term research and field level action on urban water management systems along with Indian scientists.
- The project will bring solutions for water problems in the cities of Kozhikode, Shimla, Bhuj and Bhopal.
- The CWRDM was established by the Government of Kerala to cater the needs of research and development in water management of the state.
- Child Rights and You’ Report on Crime against Children in India
- The Child Rights and You recently released a report “How Vulnerable are Children in India to crime” The report was based on the analysis of National Crime Records Bureau for 2016-17.
- The report says that the states of Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh topped the list of states for crimes against children.
- The highest increase in crimes between the years 2016 and 2017 was seen in Jharkhand.
- The Child labor in the country saw a substantial increase of 126%. The report says that in 2016 child labor was 204 and it increased to 462 in 2017.
- As far as Child Marriage is concerned there was an increase of 21.17%. The numbers were based on the cases registered under Prohibition of Child Marriage Act (PCMA), 2006.
- Taxation Laws (Amendment) Bill, 2019 introduced in Lok Sabha
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman introduced the Taxation Laws (Amendment) Bill, 2019 in the Lok Sabha.
- The Bill provides domestic companies with a new option to pay tax at the rate of 22 per cent, provided they do not claim certain deductions under the IT Act.
- Currently, domestic companies with an annual turnover of up to 400 crore rupees pay income tax at the rate of 25 per cent.
- For other domestic companies, the tax rate is 30 per cent.
- The Bill also provides new domestic manufacturing companies with an option to pay income tax at the rate of 15 percent, provided they do not claim certain deductions.
- PM Modi launches Fit India School grading system in schools across India
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched the Fit India School grading system in schools across the country. The grading will be in 3 categories.
- Ranking system: Schools can declare themselves as fit by visiting the Fit India portal and the rankings will be assigned after survey. Fit India School rankings are divided into 3 categories-
Fit India Schools, which is the first level of ranking
Fit India School three star (3 star)
Fit India School five star (5 star)
- National Child Labour Project
- The National Child Labour Project (NCLP) Scheme is a Central Sector Scheme. Under this Scheme the District Project Societies (DPS) are set up at the district level under the Chairmanship of the Collector/District Magistrate for overseeing the implementation of the project.
- Under this Scheme, funds are provided directly to the District Project Societies who in turn engage and allocate the funds to NGOs/Voluntary Agencies/Civil Societies Organization etc. for running of Special Training Centers.
- Under this Scheme, the children in the age group of 9-14 years are withdrawn from work and put into NCLP Special Training Centers, where they are provided with bridge education, vocational training, mid-day meal, stipend, health care etc.
- India to host naval drill Milan 2020 in March
- The Indian Navy will host military drill ‘Milan 2020’ in March which will witness the participation of several countries.
- MILAN stands for ‘Multilateral Naval Exercise’.
- 41 nations from South Asia, Southeast Asia, Africa and Europe that share defense cooperation with India have been invited for the drill.
- “The government pursues cooperation initiatives with friendly foreign countries, including in Indian Ocean Region, through structured interactions like Staff Talks, Empowered Steering Group”.
- Hardeep Puri launched portal for subsidy scheme under PMAY
- Union minister Hardeep Singh Puri launched CLSS Awas Portal through which people seeking to avail housing subsidy under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna (PMAY)-Urban will be able to track their applications.
- At the launch of the Credit Link Subsidy Scheme (CLSS) Awas Yojana, the Union Housing and Urban Affairs Minister said that grievances of beneficiaries will be addressed in a much comprehensive and organized manner.
[/lockercat]HPPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for HPPCS Prelims and HPPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by HPPCS Notes are as follows:-
- HPPCS Mains Tests and Notes Program
- HPPCS Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program
- HPPCS Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- HPPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes