- Aged, differently-abled people to get ration at their doorsteps
- Aged and differentlyabled people, who are beneficiary of the national food security scheme, will be given food coupon in order to provide them ration at their doorstep.
- The department issued directives to the district food officer, who will first identify the beneficiaries and l get the coupons printed specifying the quantity and category.
- The identified beneficiaries, according to their eligibility, will get 12 coupons for a year that will be allow them to receive maximum three months ration at a time.
- A beneficiary has to sign two copies of authorizing letter in front of the fair price shop dealer. A neighbour or family member of the beneficiary has to submit the letter to dealer while collecting the ration.
- Every 30th of the month, the dealer has to submit copies of the coupon.
- The state government on the completion of four year of its tenure is organizing a programme on “poor welfare” theme.
- Under the programme, at every panchayat headquarters from December 8 to 13, an event will be organized where people will be informed about the national food security scheme (NFSS) and other welfare schemes run by the department.
- The NFSS is being run by the department from October 2013, under which impoverished families are given 35kg wheat and other families are given 5kg wheat every month.
- India’s nominee Dalveer Bhandari re-elected to ICJ
- India’s nominee to the International Court of Justice (ICJ) Dalveer Bhandari was re-elected to the fifth and the last seat of the world court after Britain withdrew its candidate from the election.
- Bhandari received 183-193 votes in the General Assembly and secured all the 15 votes in the Security Council after separate and simultaneous elections were held at the UN headquarters in New York.
· Donald Trump and Putin Agree to Support UN in Syrian Peace Process
- USA President Donald Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin have agreed to support the U.N. effort to “peacefully resolve”the nearly seven-year-long Syrian civil war.
- They also discussed ways to implement a lasting peace in Ukraine,” where pro-Russian separatists have been fighting troops loyal to Kyiv and how to keep international pressure on North Korea to end its nuclear weapon and missile development programs.
- Modi govt 3rd most trusted in the world
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s government has ranked third in World Economic Forum’s list of most trusted governments.
- The report reveals that almost three quarters (74 percent) of Indians say they have confidence in their national government.
- The list is topped by Switzerland, followed by Indonesia, while India grabs the third spot.
- India Signs Loan Agreement with World Bank for USD 100 Million
- A Guarantee Agreement for IBRD/CTF loan of USD 98 million and Grant Agreement for USD 2 million for the “Shared Infrastructure for Solar Parks Project” was signed with the World Bank.
- The project consists of two components viz. (i) Shared Infrastructure for Solar Parks (estimated total project cost of USD 100 million, including USD 75 million in IBRD loan and USD 23 million in CTF Loan) and (ii) Technical Assistance (USD 2 million in CTF Grant).
- The objective of the project is to increase solar generation capacity through establishment of large-scale parks in the country.
- International Film Festival of India (IFFI) inaugurated in Goa
- The 48th edition of International Film Festival of India (IFFI 2017) was inaugurated by Shah Rukh Khan on 20 November at the Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee stadium in Bambolim, Goa.
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan will be honoured with the Indian Film Personality of the Year Award at the event, while Canadian director Atom Egoyan will receive Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Union Information and Broadcasting Minister Smriti Irani and Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar among others, were present at the event.
- The International Film Festival of India (IFFI), founded in 1952, is one of the most significant film festivals in Asia.
- Women’s Youth World Boxing Ch’ship begins in Guwahati
- Women’s Youth World Boxing Championship begins in Guwahati on 20 November.
- In AIBA women youth boxing championship being held in Guwahati , Indian pugilists will start their campaign on 21 November.
- Three young boxers will lock horn in the preliminaries.
- Assam Chief Minister Sarbanand Sonowal has inaugurated the event in presence of office bearers from AIBA and Boxing Federation of
[/lockercat]HPPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for HPPCS Prelims and HPPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by HPPCS Notes are as follows:-
- HPPCS Mains Tests and Notes Program
- HPPCS Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program
- HPPCS Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- HPPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes