- Himachal Pradesh looks to become film production hub
- With an aim to develop Himachal Pradesh as an important destination for film production and to disseminate information about its culture, history, heritage and traditions, besides projecting the captivating tourist places of state through films to attract tourists, the state government has notified Himachal Pradesh FilmPolicy 2019.
- According to the policy, a fund to be known as “Film Development Fund” will be created by the state government in the information and public relations department for financing schemes for development of films and film-related infrastructure. For this fund, a cess @50 paisa per bottle of liquor will be levied in the state.
- This policy is framed to create an amiable atmosphere that would not only facilitate film shooting on a large scale in Himachal Pradesh but also ensure all-round development of activities related to various aspects of film production.
As per the policy, the state government will strive to create nationally competitive infrastructure and also upgrade the existing infrastructure. It would also provide administrative assistance to ease film making in the state. By bringing this policy, the state government wants to generate opportunities of employment and to attract additional capital investment through film industry.
It also aims to develop all-weather locales in the state for shooting of films and to provide healthy entertainment at affordable prices to the people of the state.
- For promoting setting up of multiplexes, with one or more cinema screens, 75% reimbursement on SGST will be provided for 7 years. Similarly, new cinema halls will be provided 75% reimbursement on SGST for 5 years.
- India born Priya Serrao has won the Miss Universe Australia title for 2019
- India born Priya Serraohas won theMiss Universe Australia title for 2019. Serrao edged past 26 other women from across the country in Melbourne to win the title on 27 June. She will now represent Australia in the Miss Universe Australia 2019.
Australian-Ugandan Bella Kasimba was announced the first runner-up in the finale. She is a law graduate who currently works in Department of Jobs, Precincts and regions in Melbourne.
- Go Tribal campaign by Tribes India launched in New Delhi
- Go Tribal Campaign programlaunched by Tribes India.
- Minister of State for Tribal Affairs, Smt. Renuka Singh in the presence of Shri R.C. Meena, Chairman, Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India and other dignitaries joined in New Delhi .
- It is used to institutionalize collaborations and partnerships with different organizations to promote tribal products.
- It is in association with Amazon Global Marketing
- It is launched in TRIBES India products globally through Amazon platform.
TRIFED in association with Ms. Ruma Devi showcase a new range of ethnic fashion wear.
- She is the recipient of Nari Shakti Puraskar from the President of India
The heritage range of traditional tribal handloom, handicrafts and naturals collection of the country like Madua, Jowar, Bazra, Red Rice, Honey, Lac products, Spices, Coffee, Tea, Handmade Soaps produced by Tribals in various parts of the country.
- Lok Sabha passed the Homeopathy Central Council (Amendment) Bill, 2019
- Shripad Yesso Naik,Minister of State, Ministry of AYUSH presented the Homeopathy Central Council (Amendment) Bill, 2019 in the Lok Sabha. It passed the Bill on 27 June. Once Rajya Sabha passes the Bill, it willreplace the ordinanceissued in the same regard by the previous government. This was the second bill to be passed in Lok Sabha, in the second term of NDA government, after the Special Economic Zone (Amendment) Bill 2019.
Homoeopathy Central Council (Amendment) Bill, 2019:
- The Homoeopathy Central Council (Amendment) Bill, 2019 enables the government to extend the tenure of the Board of Governors (BoGs)for a further period of one year, with effect from May 17, 2019. The BoGs have been entrusted with the affairs of the Central Homeopathy Council.
- The Board of Governors constitutes of eminent and qualified homoeopathy doctors and eminent administrators.
- The opposition parties opposed the Bill and demanded that the government should further examine the proposed legislation and provide supervision mechanism for homoeopathy and ayurvedic medical institutions.
Homeopathy Central Council Act, 1973:
- The Homoeopathy Central Council Act, 1973 was enacted for the constitution of theCentral Council of Homeopathy, along with the maintenance of the Central Register of Homeopathy and matters related to the field of homoeopathy.
The Act was amended and passed in December 2002 as Homoeopathy Central Council Amendment Act, 2002. The amendment was to make provisions and seek permission from the central government for the setting up of new colleges or starting new courses or increase the admissions in the existing colleges. Despite the amendment many homoeopathic colleges are still struggling to meet the required standards necessary for quality education.
- Maharaja Ranjit Singh honoured on his 180th death anniversary
- A sculpture of Maharaja Ranjit Singh ruled around 40 years in the early 19th century.
It was unveiled at the historic Lahore Fort in Pakistan.
This embarks to mark his 180th death anniversary.
- The total duration to complete the eight-feet tall statue of the Sikh ruler is about 8 months.
- His horse named Kahar Bahar.
- It was a gift from Dost Muhammad Khan, the founder of the Barazkai dynasty.
The sculpture installed at the Sikh Gallery of the Mai Jindan Haveli in the Lahore Fort.
The statue was made by artists from Lahore’s National College of Art and Naqsh School of Art .
- Indian Crypto Exchange Koinex Shuts down its operation
- India’s Largest cryptocurrency exchange, Koinex terminating its digital asset trading set-vices and other crypto-related operations citing regulatory uncertainty and disruption.
- It was facing problems with its payment services and gateways, along with non-crypto related transactions like payment of salaries, rent, and purchase of equipment.
- It started its digital assets exchange services in August 2017
- It executed over 20 million orders in trading volume on its platform so far.
The country’s central bank, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), barred banks from serving companies dealing in cryptocurrency exchanges.
- HPPCS Mains Tests and Notes Program
- HPPCS Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program
- HPPCS Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- HPPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes