- Himachal bring 27 departments under Public Service Guarantee Act
- To implement the HP Public Service Guarantee Act, 2011 more effectively, the state government has brought 188 time-bound services under 27 departments, in which nearly 13,000 authorities are designated and monitored by nodal officers at state and district levels so that public service becomes a reality for the people of state.
The departments covered under the Act for assured time-bound services include health, forests, panchayati raj, revenue, industries, irrigation and public health department, agriculture, animal husbandry, social justice and empowerment department, home (fire services), MPP and power, urban development, town and country planning, housing, transport, home and health and many more so that major services could be covered.
- Himachal Pradesh ranked first among 12 small states in 2018. She said it is the first state to pioneer the District Good Governance Index for measuring governance performance on seven themes, 18 focus subjects and 100 indicators as a self-evaluation mechanism.
- Some of the services under this Act include grazing permit within 24 hours, mortgage permission within two weeks, action on online police complaints within 24 hours, birth, death and marriage registration within two days, BPL certificate within 24 hours, water connection within 30 days, identity card to senior citizens within three days, soil testing (sample) within 60 days, water connection (domestic/commercial) within one month and identity cards to persons with disabilities within three days among others.
- Abu Dhabi to host first ISA’s joint security exercise ISALEX19
- Abu Dhabi, UAE is hosting first International Security Alliance from 1 July 2019.
- Representatives of 50 law enforcement agencies of the are taking part in the ISALEX19.
- The International Security Alliance, launched in 2017 in Abu Dhabi, is an international working group to confront organised, transnational and extremist crimes.
- The alliance now comprises nine countries, the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Morocco, France, Italy, Spain, Senegal, Singapore, and the Slovak Republic.
- HRD ministry releases EQUIP vision plan
- In a bid to transform the higher education sector in the country, the Ministry of Human Resource Development released an ambitious five-year vision plan.
- The report has been termed as Education Quality Upgradation and Inclusion Programme (EQUIP), which will be taken to the Cabinet for approval after inter-departmental consultations.
- The groups of ten experts drawn from senior academicians, administrators and industrialists have suggested more than 50 initiatives that would transform the higher education sector completely.
- Indian Naval Ship Tarkash reaches Alexandria
- Indian Naval Ship Tarkash reached Alexandria on a three-day visit to Egypt, as a part of Western Fleet Overseas Deployment programme.
- During the visit of Tarkash professional interactions are planned with the Egyptian Navy towards further enhancing co-operation between the two forces.
- The geostrategic location of Egypt provides this visit with the unique advantage of being at the crossroads of Africa, Asia and Europe.
- Uttarakhand unemployment rate higher than country’s; urban areas worst-affected
- Union ministry of statistics and programme implementation released the findings of the withheld Periodic Labour Force Survey for 2017-18 conducted by the National Sample Survey Office (NSSO). The report highlighted a surge in the unemployment rate to 6.1 per cent, a 45-year high.
- While the report points towards a nationwide concern, the scenario is even grimmer for Uttarakhand where the unemployment rate stands at 7.6%, which is 1.5% higher than the national unemployment rate. The data pegged the unemployment rate aong the urban youth of the state at a massive 27.7%.
- The NSSO report further adds that the unemployment rate among post-graduates, graduates, and diploma holders in the state is 26.5%, 21.5%, and 18% respectively.
The findings of the survey also suggest that the women in the state find it even more difficult to bag a job as the number of women seeking jobs surpasses the number of job-seeking men, both in rural and urban areas. While the unemployment rate among post graduate and graduate women stood at 50% and 33.6% respectively, the rate is pegged at 17.3% and 18.6% respectively among post-graduate and graduate men.
- Notably, the Periodic Labour Force Survey is the first annual household survey of the National Sample Survey Office. Its data was collected between July 2017 and June 2018. The 19 major states that were surveyed by NSSO were Haryana, Assam, Jharkhand, Kerala, Odisha, Uttarakhand, Punjab, Tamil Nadu, Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, Rajasthan, Maharashtra, Gujarat, Karnataka, West Bengal, Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh.
- According to the report, Kerala has the highest unemployment rate at 11.4 per cent, followed by Haryana with 8.6 per cent. Meanwhile, Chhattisgarh logged the lowest unemployment rate at 3.3 per cent in 2017-18, followed by Madhya Pradesh at 4.5 per cent.
- Forensic help for India’s pharma industry
- India’s $17 billion-plus pharmaceutical industry relies heavily on exports of generic medicines globally and USA is an important destination for many drug manufacturers.
- Thus, when the manufacturers get Form 483 from US Food and Drug Administration (USFDA), signifying ‘objectionable conditions,’ it becomes a matter of concern for the manufacturer – not only the batch becomes non-compliant for exports but also the firm has to launch a probe to rectify the objection.
- NDDB to take Gujarat dairy model to UP and Bihar
- The National Dairy Development Board(NDDB) is set to take the Gujarat dairy cooperative model to Uttar Pradesh and Bihar. The project was part of a memorandum of understanding (MoU) signed between Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) and the government of India in December 2018, to improve dairy output in these states. NDDB was named the executing agency of the project.
- While the project aims to ultimately covering all districts in these states, NDDB has initially identified 53 districts — 31 in UP and 22 in Bihar.
[/lockercat]HPPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for HPPCS Prelims and HPPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by HPPCS Notes are as follows:-
- HPPCS Mains Tests and Notes Program
- HPPCS Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program
- HPPCS Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- HPPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes