Mukhya Mantri Gram Kaushal Yojna
While interacting with the beneficiaries of Mukhya Mantri Gram Kaushal Yojna through video conferencing from Shimla today Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur said that the scheme was started on 6th January this year with a view to revive the traditional handicraft, handloom, local artifacts, wood and metal craft, besides providing gainful employment to the rural youth.
Chief Minister said that the State Government was providing Rs 7500 to the instructor and an amount of Rs. 3000 to the trainee per month. He said that the period of training has been fixed from three months to one year. He said that a maximum of five trainees would be allowed to be trained in each batch. He said that this would go a long way in revival of our traditional art, craft and culture, besides proving a major source of self-employment to the rural youth.
Indra Mani Pandey to be India’s next ambassador to UN
- Indra Mani Pandey, an IFS officer of 1990 batch and presently additional secretary in the MEA, will be the next ambassador/permanent representative of India to the UN and other international organisations in Geneva, including WHO and UN Human Rights Council
- Pandey will lead India’s efforts to blunt Pakistan’s campaign to vilify India for alleged human rights abuses in J&K.
Former RBI Governor C. Rangarajan gets first Mahalanobis award
Former Reserve Bank of India Governor C. Rangarajan has been conferred the P.C. Mahalanobis Lifetime Achievement Award in recognition of his contribution to official statistics.
- The Mahalanobis International Award is sponsored by the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation of the Government of India. The award recognizes an individual for lifetime achievements in statistics in developing country or region.
Drug Discovery Hackathon 2020 launched
- Union Minister for Human Resource Development Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’, and, Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare and Ministry of Science and Technology Harsh Vardhan today launched Drug Discovery Hackathon through online platform.
- hackathon is first of its kind national initiative for supporting drug discovery process.
- Hackathon will primarily focus on computational aspects of drug discovery and will have three Tracks. Track-1 will deal with computational modelling for drug design or identifying ‘lead’ compounds from existing databases that may have the potential to inhibit SARS-CoV-2 while Track-2 will encourage participants to develop new tools and algorithms using data analytics and AI/ML approach for predicting drug-like compounds with minimal toxicity and maximal specificity and selectivity. A third track, named Track 3 is a Moon-shot approach which will only deal with novel and out-of-the-box ideas in this field.
Work to begin shortly on Zojila tunnel
- Work will begin shortly on the strategic Zojila tunnel for all-year connectivity between Kashmir and Ladakh regions.
- The tunnel project, stalled for about six years, holds strategic significance as Zojila Pass is situated at an altitude of 11,578 feet on the Srinagar-Kargil-Leh National highway and remains closed during winters due to heavy snowfall, cutting off Ladakh region from Kashmir.
- HPPCS Mains Tests and Notes Program
- HPPCS Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program
- HPPCS Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- HPPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes