- Committee gives nod to Rajasthan’s water project
- The National Steering Committee on Climate Change (NSCCC) recently approved three detailed project reports (DPRs) submitted by the states for funding under the National Adaptation Fund for Climate Change (NAFCC).
- Among the three DPRs approved, one pertained to Rajasthan’s ‘Mukhya Mantri Jal Swavlamban Abhiyan’. The project seeks to build on the work carried out under the first phase of the project to enhance the adaptive capacity of the villages by making them self-reliant in terms of water requirement, said an official statement. The main aim of Mukhya Mantri Jal Swavlamban Abhiyan is to benefit 21,000 villages of the state by 2020.
- Besides Rajasthan, the environment ministry also approved projects aimed at addressing the vulnerabilities arising out of climate change in Gujarat and Sikkim.
- Gk byte – NAFCC is a flagship scheme of the Centre, which provides a 100-per cent grant to the states for implementing climate change adaptation projects. The scheme is designed to fulfil the objectives of the National Action Plan on Climate Change (NAPCC) and operationalize the SAPCCs.
- UNESCO has named Sharjah as the World Book Capital for 2019.
- Sharjah was chosen for its efforts to make books accessible to its entire population. Salient Highlights Sharjah was selected to underline the efforts taken by it to make books accessible for reading to as many people as possible, especially the marginalised populations.
- It has followed an innovative and inclusive community-focused activity programme to engage people, in particular, the very large migrant population. Sharjah is the 19th city to be named as World Book Capital by the UNESCO.
- Sharjah has become the first among the Gulf Cooperation Council and third in the Arab world and the Middle East to receive this prestigious recognition.
- Dairy products to carry quality mark
- Like Woolmark assures of getting quality wool and Agmark and ISI marks are assurance that the agriculture produce or industrial products that you buy are of good quality and standards, dairy products in the country including milk pouches will have a quality mark logo on them.
- The dairy products carrying this quality mark logo will assure the consumers that the products are free from any kind of adulteration.
- Centre ask states to set up own insurance cos for PMFBY
- The Centre said it has asked state governments to set up their own insurance companies for better implementation of the crop insurance scheme and warned the existing insurers of strict action in case of irregularities.
- As per the lok sabha session the question arises regarding the scheme.There are implementation issuesin the government’s flagship Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojna (PMFBY) launched in 2016.
- At present, both public and private insurers are implementing the PMFBY. More companies will enhance the competition.
- The PMFBY has replaced two schemes National Agricultural Insurance Schemeas well as the Modified NAIS. Government is working to ensure farmers’ income gets doubled by 2022.
- Russia keen to sell new fighter MiG-35 to air force
- Russia is keen on selling its new fighter jet MiG-35 to India with the MiG corporation’s chief saying the country has evinced interest in the aircraft and talks were on to understand its requirements.
- The MiG-35 is Russia’s most advanced 4++ generation multipurpose fighter jet developed.
- MiG aircraft have been used by India for almost 50 years and MiG corporation proposes its new products to India among the first countries and intends to continue supplying India with its most modern aircraft.
[/lockercat]HPPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for HPPCS Prelims and HPPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by HPPCS Notes are as follows:-
- HPPCS Mains Tests and Notes Program
- HPPCS Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program
- HPPCS Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- HPPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes