- 73,074 given LPG connections: CM
- As many as 73,074 LPG connections have been provided to the eligible families under the Ujjawala Yojna and the leftout families will be given such connections before 2019, said Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur, reviewing the progress of Central and state welfare schemes.
- 22 lakh people of the state would benefited under the Ayushmann Bharat Yojna. About 94 per cent data had been uploaded under the scheme and the state had secured the seventh position in the country. The implementing agency had been selected.
- 100 percent villages had been electrified and under ‘Saubhagya Yojna’, of 13,156 electricity connections, 6,101 had been provided and remaining 7,055 connections to the newly developed hamlets would be provided by the October-end.
- Against the target of constructing 7,385 houses in rural areas, 4,522 had been constructed and the remaining would be completed by October-end.
He said Himachal had been ranked second in implementing the scheme. He said a target of constructing 1,390 houses had been fixed for the current financial year under the scheme.
· Eleventh World Hindi Conference Underway In Mauritius
- After the inauguration session, a condolence meeting will be held in the memory of former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
- In the afternoon sessions, delegates from 20 countries including India will deliberate on eight sub-topics related to “Hindi World and Indian Culture”.
Gk Bit – World Hindi Conference
- World Hindi Conference/ Vishva Hindi Sammelan is a world conference on Hindi language. The conference consists of several Hindi scholars, writers and laureates from different parts of the world to contribute the language.
- The first World Hindi Conference was held in 1975 in Nagpur, India. Since then every year 10th January is being observed as World Hindi Day. Till today, ten such Conferences have been held in different parts of the world.
- The main theme of the Conference is “Hindi Vishwa Aur Bharatiy Sanskriti”.
- Agriculture minister proposes UNFAO to declare an upcoming year as “International Year of Millets”
- The Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare, Shri Radha Mohan Singh has written to Mr. Jose Graziano da Silva, Director General, United Nations Food & Agriculture Organization (FAO) and proposed the declaration of an upcoming year as “International Year of Millets”.
- The Union Agriculture Minister stated that India is celebrating 2018 as the National Year of Millets and is promoting cultivation by amending cropping pattern of areas which are especially susceptible to climate change.
· UAE to host Asia Cup 2018
- The Board of Control for Cricket in India(BCCI) and theEmirates Cricket Board (ECB) declared that the United Arab Emirates (UAE) will be hosting the Asia Cup 2018. The tournament will be held from September 15 to 28 in Abu Dhabi and Dubai.
- India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Afghanistan will be participating in the tournament. The opening game of the tournament will be played by Bangladesh and Sri Lanka at the at the Dubai International Cricket Stadium.
· Taiwan develops missiles to counter the military expansion of China
- Taiwanis building up and developing missiles and interceptors in order to counter the military expansion of China.
- Since 2016, under the Presidentship of Tsai Ing-wen, Taiwan has deployed one set of missiles, perfected another and sped production of a third. This development in its defence is to reduce Beijing’s military advantage over the self-ruled island.
- Ministry of Railways launches “Digital Screens”
- In the wake of Hon’ble Prime Minister’s vision for creating digital museums at stations using QR code,Ministry of Railway has made “digital screens” operational at 22 stations on this Independence Day as an innovative low cost solution to spread awareness among public about the opulent heritage of Indian Railways.
- Being initiated on a pilot basis, the project aims at showcasing the legacy of Indian Railways through one to two minute-long movie clips.
- The short films will showcase heritage buildings, locomotives and much more to make people aware of the rich heritage of Indian Railways.
- Imran Khan to take oath as Pakistan’s 22nd PM
- Cricketer-turned-politician Imran Khan will today take oath as the 22nd prime minister of Pakistan.The oath-taking ceremony will begin at around 9.15 am (local time).
- Khan won a simple majority in Pakistan’s National Assembly with 176 votes, beating his rival Shahbaz Sharif who got 96 votes.
- A member of the National Assembly needs 172 votes to become prime minister-elect.
- 2018 Asian Games to be inaugurated on 18 August
- The 2018 Asian Games, officially known as the 18th Asian Games and also known as Jakarta Palembang 2018, is a pan-Asian multi-sport event scheduled to be held from 18 August to 2 September 2018 in the Indonesian cities of Jakarta and Palembang.
- For the first time, the Asian Games are being co-hosted in two cities; the Indonesian capital of Jakarta and Palembang, the capital of the South Sumatra province.
- Also for the first time, eSports and canoe polo will be contested as demonstration sports.
- Motto of the games is “Energy of Asia”.
- There will be 465 events in 40 sports.
[/lockercat]HPPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for HPPCS Prelims and HPPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by HPPCS Notes are as follows:-
- HPPCS Mains Tests and Notes Program
- HPPCS Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program
- HPPCS Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- HPPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes