- Himachal Pradesh government waives Rs 14 crores tax of two gold refinery units
- Decision of Congress government in Himachal Pradesh to give tax waiver of around Rs 14.11 crore to the two Gold Refinery units has courted controversy with leader of opposition Prem Kumar Dhumal raising the issue in state assembly on Thursday. Dhumal said that on one side government claims of having no money to pay for dearness allowance and interim relief installments of employees and is taking Rs 800 crore loan for this while on the other side due tax of Rs 14 crore was waived off just to benefit two people.
- Microsoft Launches ‘Project Brainwave’ for Real-Time AI.
- Software giant Microsoft announced its ‘Project Brainwave’ deep learning acceleration platform for real-time artificial intelligence (AI).
- The ‘Project Brainwave’ uses the massive field-programmable gate array (FPGA) infrastructure that Microsoft has been deploying over the past few years.
- Real-time AI is becoming increasingly important as cloud infrastructures process live data streams, whether they be search queries, videos, sensor streams, or interactions with users.
- Android Oreo released by Google
- Google launched its version 8.0 of the operating system as Android Oreo.
- The Oreo boasts of a two times faster boot speed, autofill option, and a longer battery life.
- The new update comes with a Picture-in-Picture feature that allows the user to see two apps simultaneously.
- Google is also making it easier to log into different apps, extending the autofill feature currently available on the website, to apps. The much-awaited Android instant apps, which can be accessed right from the browser without requiring installation, are also set to take off with Android Oreo.
· Union Cabinet renames SAMPADA Scheme as PMKSY
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs approved the renaming of the new Central Sector Scheme- SAMPADA (Scheme for Agro-Marine Processing and Development of Agro-Processing Clusters) as “Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana (PMKSY)” for the period of 2016-20 coterminous with the 14th Finance Commission cycle.
- The new scheme was approved by the Central Government in the month of May.
- The objective of PMKSY is to supplement agriculture, modernize processing and decrease Agri-Waste.
- The implementation of PMKSY will result in creation of modern infrastructure with efficient supply chain management from farm gate to retail outlet.
- It will provide a big boost to the growth of food processing sector in the country.
- It will help in providing better prices to farmers and is a big step towards doubling of farmers’ income.
- It will create huge employment opportunities especially in the rural areas.
- Karnataka ties up with Microsoft to develop India’s first Farm Price Forecasting Model
ð Karnataka Government signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with software giant Microsoft India to develop a unique price forecasting model.
ð The proposed initiative is claimed to be the first-of-its-kind in the country.
ð The farm price forecasting model will use latest IT tools in a bid to help farmers, administrators, and other stakeholders to understand market behavior.
- Coast Guard Ship ‘Varuna’ Decommissioned.
- Indian Coast Guard ship ‘Varuna’ decommissioned with full armed forces honours after an illustrious service spanning about 30 years, in a traditional military ceremony held at the naval base,Kochi.
- The ceremony was presided over by Inspector General K R Nautiyal, Commander, Coast Guard Region (West).
- ICGS Varuna was fourth of its series, known as Offshore Patrol Vessel (OPV) and built by Mazagaon Dock, Mumbai.
- Odisha Government launches Rooftop Solar Project.
- Odisha Government launched a grid-connected rooftop solar programme through the net-metering system at the State Secretariat in the capital city of Bhubaneshwar.
- The program mainly aims at harnessing renewable solar capacity through people’s participation to further strengthen the grid and reduce power losses.
- The program is being implemented by Odisha Renewable Energy Development Agency(OREDA)
[/lockercat]HPPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for HPPCS Prelims and HPPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by HPPCS Notes are as follows:-
- HPPCS Mains Tests and Notes Program
- HPPCS Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program
- HPPCS Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- HPPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes