1.2.23 HPPSC Daily Current Affairs

#DMPQ #Mains #Prelims #CurrentAffairs #StateGK
Himachal fails to pay Rs 80 cr for healthcare schemes
Two flagship schemes of the Centre and the state government —Ayushman Bharat (AB) and Mukhya Mantri Himachal Health Care Yojana (HIMCARE) — are ailing due to the non-payment of around Rs 80 crore to private clinics and Rogi Kalyan Samitis (RKS) at government hospitals for the past several months.
The state has to pay Rs 80 crore as part of its share under the Ayushman Bharat (AB) scheme and the Mukhya Mantri Himachal Health Care Yojna (HIMCARE)
The state pays 10 per cent for the AB following which the Centre pools in the remaining 90 per cent; HIMCARE is totally funded by the state
Private clinics are now reluctant to provide services under the two schemes due to the delay in their payment worth crores
The state pays 10 per cent of its share for the AB following which the Centre pools in the remaining 90 per cent. HIMCARE is totally funded by the state government where RKS and private hospitals empanelled under the scheme receive funds for providing cashless services
India and Japan to conduct joint exercise to strengthen cooperation in air defence
The joint exercise, which will go through January 26th, intends to encourage international collaboration in air defence.
Four Su-30 MKI, two C-17, and one IL-78 aircraft from the Indian contingent will take part in the air exercise, while four F-2 and four F-15 aircraft from the JASDF will take part.
According to a statement from the Ministry of Defence, the first exercise would involve several aerial combat drills between the two Air Forces.
They’ll engage in sophisticated multi-domain air combat operations while exchanging best practises.
Economic Survey 2022-23
 The Economic Survey is an annual report card of the economy, which is presented a day before the budget and examines the performance of each and every sector and then suggests future moves.
  • India’s economy to grow 6.5% in 2023-24, compared to 7% this fiscal and 8.7% in 2021-22. Gross domestic product (GDP) in nominal terms to be 11% in next fiscal
  • Growth driven by private consumption, higher capex, strengthening corporate balance sheet, credit growth to small businesses and return of migrant workers to cities
  • Real GDP growth to be in the range of 6-6.8% next fiscal depending on global economic, political developments
  • Challenge to rupee depreciation persists with the likelihood of further interest rate hikes by the US Fed
  • Current account deficit (CAD) may continue to widen as global commodity prices remain elevated, economic growth momentum stays strong. If CAD widens further, rupee may come under depreciation pressure
The country’s current account deficit widened to 4.4% of the GDP in the quarter ending September, from 2.2% of the GDP during the April-June period due to a higher trade gap, according to the latest Reserve Bank of India (RBI) data.
  • India has sufficient forex reserves to finance CAD and intervene in forex market to manage rupee volatility
  • The growth in exports has moderated in second half of current fiscal; the surge in growth rate in 2021-22 and first half of current fiscal led to production processes shifting gears from ‘mild acceleration’ to ‘cruise mode’
  • Slowing world growth, shrinking global trade led to loss of export stimulus in the second half of current year
  • Bank credit growth likely to be brisk in FY24 on back of benign inflation, moderate credit cost
  • Credit growth to small businesses high at over 30.5% in January-November, 2022
  • Central govt capex grew 63.4% in April-November of current fiscal
  • Stock market gave positive returns in calendar year 2022 unfazed by FPI withdrawal
  • Private consumption, capital formation led economic growth in current fiscal has helped generate employment; urban employment rate declined, while Employee Provident Fund registration rose
  • The Survey said that ‘entrenched inflation’ may prolong the tightening cycle and therefore borrowing costs may stay higher for longer
[/lockercat]HPPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for HPPCS Prelims and HPPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by HPPCS Notes are as follows:- For any doubt, Just leave us a Chat or Fill us a querry––
error: Content is protected !!